Friday, August 21, 2009

Finally another Friday!

Candy review alert! Great truffle chocolate bars from 'Truffini'
They are 'all natural' and dark chocolate, bar form. They come in a variety of flavours, and I got mine on sale at Shoppers this week for $1.00 each, so I bought three. They originally cost $2.50 or more and they are produced in Richmond, ON.

The flavours I bought...

Raspberry truffle. It.was.fantastic~ Almost on par with the super-pricey Godiva raspberry, even better than the Lindt raspberry bar. Good value, and delicious. No bizarre ingredients save some exotic oils (coconut) and no artifical food colourings or flavours. Tastes excellent.

Peanut butter truffle. Very good, tasted more 'peanutty' and less like Reese's, even though I happen to really love Reese. Good quality and very filling.

Green tea truffle. This was a bit 'out there' for me, and unsurprisingly, it was the one I didn't enjoy quite as much. It was still good, but the green tea taste was sweet and slightly cooling, and I was expecting something a bit more different, perhaps with a stronger flavour. Not bad, but just a bit out there for me.

They're on sale at Shoppers for a buck each. Let's face it, you can't even buy a box of crapass Smarties for a dollar anymore. These suckers are a good deal!

1 comment:

  1. green tea shouldn't be found anywhere near chocolate. just my 2 cents

    ReplyDelete