Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yukon Kennel Club Dog Show


So who's best in show?

The dog show (Most Northern Dog Show!!) took place last weekend as well, at the Mt. Mac Curling Club. It was a multi-day show, with exhibitors coming from all over the Yukon and Alaska.

It was pretty fun, dogs of every description crowded cages, rings, owners laps, floors, stood on grooming tables...

Owners practiced running alongisde their prizewinning pooches with these silly little wire leashes. Ridiculous looking toy poodles stood on grooming stands, and this funny gremlin-looking dog (Pekinese?) was sleeping on a grooming stand, totally oblivious to the other excited dogs barking like crazy.

My fav? A cage full of sleeping Corgis. SO adorable. I think, if I ever get a dog (not likely right now, too into small creatures) I will get a Corgi. Happiest looking dogs ever.

My one grip was I wish a class list was posted, so we could come and watch the agility or obedience classes. Nothing was posted past; Retrievers Class 1-10, Toy Breeds 11-21, etc etc.??? Doesn't help the layperson figure out when the excitement happens!

Oh well. Also the dog ribbons the prize winners recieve are friggin' impressive. HUGE rosettes of every colour, even 4th place had a ribbon I'd be pleased to have. I wish horse shows had ribbons that big!

I really enjoyed the dog show, and it made me wonder if secretly all dog show people are like those from Best In Show. Hm. Didn't see anything crazy, but you never know...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment