Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Commercials Rant

Courtesy of your favourite feminist, myself!

First of all, I may be over-interpreting these but WTF? Wait and you shall see...

Fiber 1 Honey Clusters Cereal: Assholes can read your mind??

Features a British-accented man speaking over a women whenever she goes to ask a question about the cereal. Seriously, everytime she opens her mouth, he goes 'and it tastes great!' 'And it's full of fibre' 'And all you taste is vanilla!' 'Can't you believe it' 'Those are full clusters of honey!' 'You're thinking, am I a psychic?'

WTF? No, she's thinking you're a ridiculous asshole who can't keep one orifice to himself, thank you very much! People (women, me) DO NOT LIKE unasked for opinions. Particularly when the very clever advertising agency feels like women are so stupid they think the 'psychic' is answering their un yet-spoke words instead of just fucking cutting them off on every word. We're not that stupid.

****PC teeny computer ad**** Psychic men? Stupid women?
Now, I like these teeny computers, Acer makes a pretty sweet looking pink one and it is awesome. Do I like the retarded ads where a man is sitting on a park bench and a women asks him questions about it, and she NEVER gets to finish the thought/question. He interrupts every second with some asinine 'quip' and we, the viewers, are incensed.
"You're thinking, how do I get one of these?" "You're thinking, and how do you connect to the internet?"

No, I'm thinking why you can't answer a motherfucking question without trying to cut the woman off, you asshat!
"You're thinking I'm psychic, right?"
No, just a fucking rude dick.

Seriously, I have seen two ads of this 'trend' now and I am NOT happy about it. Stop it. Women are smarter than that shit, knock it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment