Monday, June 15, 2009

An unexplained absence


Have been away from the blog recently, due to a series of interesting power outages, cell phone lines being down and internet lines being down. Oh, the joys of living in the middle of nowhere.

I could say it is a conspiracy, but I'm pretty sure it's just forest fires. Cell phone lines were down, we couldn't call out of province, the internet was creeping along at a crawl (and still costing a bloody mint!) and then the power went out for the rest of the afternoon on Thursday.

Also interestingly, the mail wasn't reaching Whitehorse either, as the fires in Liard were stopping mail before it reached Watson Lake. Hm.

In other news, the 'big change' I am/was hoping for has beens stalled and I am in dire need of a status update. Le sigh.

In other news, it is highly unlikely I will be living here for any longer than this summer. Really, there's no point. I hate my job, there are no good options, utilities are mindblowingly expensive, I get bored of the small townie-ness of this place...Yeah.No.

No comments:

Post a Comment