Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Workplace Consideration

Now, I've sat on my hands long enough.

Here's a small thing that has been chafing me since I sat down during my lunch hour to cover the people that drift out the door, leaving the office empty.

Please DO NOT just assume, oh well, "someone" will be there to handle it. That lucky "someone" is me, the office monkey, 9 times out of 10.

Also, due to the enormous privilege of being the lowest-paid office monkey, I also have the honour of being first in line for the weirdos, the drunks, the people who want someone to bitch at about some random thing that I have no idea about. Also, people feel the need to inform me about their 'great idea' that of course, being the office monkey, I should jump to implement ASAP!!

pfft. Here's a small example; I go for lunch at 12, someone else leaves at 12:30. During that time, the door is locked and the office is empty. That 2nd person never leaves a 'going to lunch, back at ..." note. Guess who gets bitched at when they get back? Oh wait, here's a great idea. How about YOU leave a note when you go for lunch? Why is that MY responsibility? When I leave BEFORE you? BULLSHIT.

Finding it harder to be nice. Bonus: Office Vulture is gone! Halleleujah! No more answering questions when they were directed to ME, no more fucking hovering over me like a carrion-eater sniffing around a dead zebra. Ah, no more doing his work, no more getting blamed for his stupidity problem, no more listening to bizarre personal calls...
Downside? Now I do the Vulture's job. Well, now I know how much he did exactly. And trust me, this Vulture was exceptionally good about 'delegating' aka, I do the work...so there isn't a huge workload increase above what I was already in charge of. Interesting. It just sucks to have 2X work and ...pay +?? nope.
Now...to improve job to point whre one feels appreciated. Not gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment