Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Don't. Keep. Me. Hanging.

Seeing as how this blog is a forum/vehicle for my ramblings, I have a comment to make.

If/when you apply for a job, swing an interview, rock the interview, and ask the interviewer when you might expect a phone call with THE NEWS, and they say 'oh, Friday' NEVER believe them. Friday is the grand brush-off. The royal blow off. Friday is the day they say when they are getting rid of you. You will not hear from them by Friday, or Monday, or Tuesday. You *might* hear from them by Wednesday the next week if you are lucky, and it will be to say they meant to call you and no, you didn't get the job.

Say the interview is on Tuesday and they say, Friday you will hear...Nope. That's it. They are blowing you off in the nicest way possible in their minds. In your mind, that is a whole bunch of days you are on tiptoes, hoping beyond hope that maybe they forgot, or were sick, or took a long vacation, or, or, or...NO. It is simply inexcusable to keep a sad little job hoping applicant WAITING for that freaking long. Didn't get the job? Tell me straight up. That way I can stop letting that evil bastard, hope out of my heart and settle down to the ordinary stuff like being depressed and annoyed.

Sigh..another week, another week of disappointment. Something's gotta change, right? I am waiting for my change.

1 comment: