Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why Whitehorse?

On a marked depart from my usual hellfire and brimstone blogs, here is a cheery happy one to accompany this bright sunshiny day!

Well, not really.

I have decided (through others decisions) to make up a pro/con list for the town, I refuse to call it a city, of Whitehorse.

Pros:
I have a place to live
I can horseback ride sometimes
The weather is improving
I have a roommate I like
I have friends here
I have a job
I like the library
I had a great opportunity earlier this year and it ended

Cons: (this is where it gets ugly)
I hate my job
My partner got fired from his job
It is expensive to live here (electricity avg. $150/month??)
Landlords are assholes, so is Lister's Motorsports
I can't seem to get a better job
I hate hate hate hate hate hate snow and cold
Not much to do for trips/shopping
Can't horseback ride as much as I need to/horses are not as good
Living here is not self-sustainable
It is a trip to just to to a trip out of here (jesus save us)
My once-in-a-lifetime position was just a contract
People are flaky and incredibly unreliable

Seem like a no-brainer? What keeps me here, what keeps anyone here?
I have applied to BC Public Service position, fingers crossed they liked it!

1 comment: