Friday, April 3, 2009

Conference time!


For writers, that is! Woo!!

I am attending the Whitehorse Writer's Conference this weekend. The event kicks off with a dessert reception at the Westmark tonight, and registration for classes. Tomorrow (a little too bright 'n' early for my liking) we start classes, finishing the day with questions to the professionals attending in a panel-style interview.

I am very excited, and not sure if I am going to pitch anything, as I haven't been really working on much but boy, do I have some ideas! Nothing concrete though.

Lunches, the dessert reception and coffee breaks are all covered in the fee. It's a pretty hardcore setup, running from 9am-4:30 or so...

The guests of honour are: Claire Eddy, senior editor of Tor/Forge Books, Shawna McCarthy, agent, Lily Gontard, founding editor of North of Ordinary, Lynn Missen, executive editor of children's books at HarperCollins Canada, Paula Eykelhof, executive editor of Harlequin (wooo), Howard White, professional history writer, Kathleen Scheibling, works with Paragon Entertainment.

Two full days of writing workshops and a possibility of an intense critique (no tears though!). OOoooh, am I really ready for this? Well, even if I'm not, I'm ready for some cool tricks and tips. And dessert.

Best part? To bring these pros up here, snacks and lunch for Sat/Sun, the conf. fee was very reasonable. $90 flat. Can't beat it!

Also as a sidenote, one of my former professors lectured at a Whitehorse Writer's Conference back around 2003 or 2005. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment