Monday, April 20, 2009

Whatever part of you that's been calling the shots is fired


Ah, springtime...the sun is shining, it snows only occasionally and yesterday it was +10!

The mud was incredible though, I never thought I'd come so close to seeing a pony get stuck, with me riding him! Yikes! Lucky thing I was wearing my awesome Hatley pink pony boots--yes, the lesson kiddies complimented me and asked me where I got 'em. Answer? Mom of course.

Oh and another lovely accessory of spring: insane allergies. I have no idea what in Whitehorse is triggering my latent and late-in-life allergies but it is totally whacking out my system. My head feels like it got stuffed with cotton, perhaps replacing my brain, and then the whole shebang is floating around with the clouds. Maybe that's why I can't seem to spell or type today. And I have a lovely throat-itching/clearing thing that's going on as well, that seems to be chiefly purposed to irritate anyone within a 10ft perimeter of me. Sorry workpeople--you're pretty annoying in your own right anyways!

Arghh. I need a share in the stocks of Reactine, even though they don't seem to be working except to make me very drowsy (and this is the non-drowsy kind) and fall asleep on the couch in the middle of the afternoon on Sundays.

It's not the cherry blossom pollen, that's Vancouver and Victoria--it is much too barren to have anything really sprouting here. What is it? This scourge and plague of my poor head and nasal passage--oh, and incessant sneezing is really attractive too.

My brain is about to get fired my the rest of my body, currently on revolt. Stupid allergies.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you're allergic to spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a serious note...I have the same thing going on, it seems everytime the seasons change. I heard for winter it's due to "snow mold". Research project!

    ReplyDelete