Thursday, April 16, 2009

Farewell to ski season!


And welcome slush season!
As melted snow puddles at the end of my driveway, evading every attempt by my partner to persuade it to puddle elsewhere, thoughts turn to bike riding rather than skiing. I am not prepared to bike ride anywhere (ahh terrifying!) but I have to say I am more than ready for the slush--I have two awesome horse rubber boots in my posession and nary a leak in either!

Also I began the epic leg-shaving that precedes skirt season, which is still a very brief time here. I, and probably many other Whitehorsean women, let the leg stuff go for awhile (ok, months) and removing it was herculean. It involved two razors, boyfriend's shaving cream and many curses as shampoo dripped in my eyes. Arghh! Sasquatch-legs no longer! Although there is now a sort of peach fuzz. Apparently this is a two day job, who knew?

Fingers crossed for sunshine and no more freaking wind. I think the high this week so far has been about 5 deg. and yes I have been compulsively comparing it with Vancouver's temp. (10-13 deg.)

Time to frolic in the disgusting leftover snow with the many layers of dog shit that seem to be revealed all at once. Ew. It will be gone soon and we will have lush lawns, not these corpse-like blades that are struggling through the mud.

Daffodil season, and tulip season started down south. Here? Mud season.

No comments:

Post a Comment