Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'll Huff and I'll Puff...

And I'll blow your neighbour's freaking gate down!

Anyone who says Whitehorse is more tolerable than Ottawa, ON solely because it is 'less humid' and 'less windy' needs a serious reality check. It was so windy last night I woke up at 2am, drawn out of a restless sleep due to the howling of the wind and the amazingly loud banging of my neighbour's unlatched gate slamming against his fence.

No windchill in the winter? How about a pretty cruel windchill in the spring! By the way, anyone who tells you it is not windy here needs their head examined--it is as windy, almost on par with the ocean city Victoria, who at least has the ocean breeze as an excuse to tear your clothes off and whip your hair into your lipgloss.

Also, who hasn't had the joy of dealing with fresh, spring-fevered horses who are absolutely loving the change in temp. and the sprightly breeze? It turns them into raving psychos, who will trample and frolic at will, humans be damned! Be extra careful...any plastic bag blowing turns into a 'glob of doom, who only eat horses.' Like the wind is an excuse to be an absolute bastard to your human. Ah well...

Coming in from the wind today, with my hair blown across my freshly lipsticked mouth...looks like small whipmarks are trailing across my cheeks.
-Or-
this blog could have been about gasbags at work who don't shut up, or blowhard bosses. Oh, the possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. I vote for the gasbags at work! I always love hearing about crazies!! And what exactly is a blowhard boss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meri, a blowhard boss is one who huffs and puffs in your face about absolutely everything! And they aren't nice, either!

    ReplyDelete