Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And now, in the land of the Rising Sun...

Since I am doing two-by-two comparisons, the only other restaurants that exist in a twinset are sushi!
Tokyo Sushi is on Main Street and I suspect gets a ton of business that way. Gaudy gold ornaments, Chinese-looking displays and a smallish dining room. Sushi is not cheap but not hugely expensive either. Word is, it's not the better of the two restaurants...

Sakura Sushi, located a bit out of the way, has it's autonomous dining area. It looks rather glam, with black lacquered furniture and a darkened dining area. They charge you for green tea (a sin in my books but people seem ok with getting gouged here) but the meals are fairly affordable if you get one of the combos. The combos are a great amount of food, and cost around 12.85-$15.97 for lunch. Dinner is a bit more, around $14.00+ but still good amounts of food. One time the sushi I had was room-temperature, which distressed me greatly. The other time it was chilled, which was a pleaser for sure. So, I am in favour of Sakura at the moment.

Great tempura too!

No comments:

Post a Comment