Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kebabery=Great!

Yes, a new restaurant has graced the downtown core of Whitehorse. Named 'The Kebabery,' an infusion of mediterranean and middle-eastern cuisine, you can smell it's deliciousness wafting down the sidewalk.

Silly name aside (I kept wanting to shout out Kebabery!!) the food was cheap by ridiculous Whitehorse standards and really, really good. It is takeout-style, you go an order, they call your name and you either take it and run or sit down. Very popular at lunchtime and seating is limited.

What to order: I had the beef shwarma platter, which is $11.50. It comes with salad (your choice of a few, I had Greek), tzatziki or hummous, pita, jasmine rice. It was fabulous. My meal came to about $12.00 with a Diet Coke. A coworker had the lamb, and enjoyed it equally. They have baklava for $4.00, and various kebab and shwarma platters--none are *very* expensive.

Go, you won't regret it!

*caveat* I had a strange allergic reaction after lunch, the corners of my mouth started itching like crazy and burning, and my throat got clogged up and raspy. It was very weird. Maybe food related, but it sure tasted good/

3 comments:

  1. I've tried the Kebaberie once and enjoyed it. One salad that was very different but tasty was the fattoush salad.

    On another note, I came across your blog just yesterday and enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Susan,
    Thanks for the great review, we are happy that we met with your expectations!
    Our name, KEBABery, is pronounced kuh-baab-err-ree, like a bakery, and indicates a place were kebabs are made. We capitalized/emphasized the word KEBAB for that reason. Kee-baa-berry, as some pronounce it does indeed sound silly.
    Kebaberies are found all over Europe and are quite popular for being fast, fresh and tasty.

    We regret you had an allergic reaction. If you have any allergies, tell us about them before ordering and we would be happy to review our menu items to make certain that you are safe.

    We look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

    Louis R Gagnon
    CEO
    RedFez Food Concepts Inc.
    Owner/operator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, this is a rare pleasure--Kebabery on my blog! I didn't know you were so active.

    I'm going through some allergy testing to figure out what exactly triggered that, but I do love the food!

    ReplyDelete