Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Easter: My Life is Now Complete


For I have discovered...drumroll please...

Chocolate-covered PEEPS!!

Yes, this is truly the pinnacle of all Easter candy, perhaps eclipsing even the wonderful Cadbury Creme Egg and Mini-eggs in greatness and glory. Sadly only available in the US at the moment, I have tendrils out hoping to latch onto a package of sweet, sweet chocolate peep. (Friend going to Fairbanks. we can only hope)

And in other PEEP news, I bought a box of bunny-shaped pink peeps and a box of traditional yellow chick peeps. The bunny ones are smaller but just as delicious, but if you are a super-taster you might want to avoid them due to Red food colouring #40, it tastes bitter to those people. Friend noticed that right away, I didn't. Guess I'm a normal taster, all I could taste was marshmallowy goodness. Tragically, I forgot the box at work and they went stale over the weekend, yuck. I threw them out on Monday.

Chick peeps? As delightful as ever! Not stale here. Both packages were purchased for $1.04 at Extra Foods, and note--they are the cheapest at Wal-Mart ($1.00) second place for Extra Foods and most expensive at Shoppers Drug Mart, which surprised me at a whopping ($1.50).

No comments:

Post a Comment