Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dawson City Music Festival 2009


"Don't get excited, I'm only the wingman"

As seen on a young boorish man's shirt while we were walking back from the mudfest that was DCMF!

Good festival, really liked Dawson, those fake-front stores are just so cute! Surprise standout? Ottawa band 'The Acorn' who had a really awesome and polished sound, check them out, they are going to get HUGE soon. Chad Van Gaalen was pretty good but a lot of songs sound the same and are very depressing, have to do with death, dying, burning a body on a lake...

Johnny and the Moon were kind of disappointing, I kept expecting some sort of Wolf Parade rock out and it was all very mellow folk. Where's the upbeat?!! I kept wanting to yell. Oh well, I guess that's why they call them 'side projects' and not 'main projects'. Luke Doucet was pretty good, fantastic final song that had the audience singing along, "Oh I've got a bad desire, ooh ooh ooh, I'm on firrreeee..."

Mother Mother was classic, but the vocals weren't good because I was right front and centre. Oh well, you sacrifice a bit of the song for the action. They ended with 'O My Heart' and of course, it was amazing. Anndd I only got a little bit aggressive during it...those shows are tough for small people, lots of elbows at face height!

DCMF-check it out. Totally worth it but sooo exhausting! Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment