Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hair in my food restaurants

I just got back from a weekend of extremely disappointing dining out (almost wrote 'dinging' yes that would be the right word for it).

Tokyo Sushi on Main Street, YT. I had lunch there this past Friday and found a lush, thick black hair stretched luxuriously across my bed of gyozas. Those gyozas cost $6.50 pls tax, and I got a paltry six of them. The hair was absolutely disgusting.

I noticed it right away and had the poor over-worked server take it away, and replace it with was probably the original six gyozas, I figured. Oh well. I then had the misfortune to forget my wallet and have someone else pay, and then I paid them back later. That little hairy lunch (gyozas, special roll of the day and tuna roll, paltry four each in the roll) cost me a cool $20! WTF? Ok, am I the only one thinking a hair in one's meal should result in a comp or a free drink or something?

It's ok, that's in the past.

Today however, is not the past. I went to Copper Ridge's newest pub, The Ridge. I have enjoyed drafts there and had a meal there once that was acceptable, not great but not bad either. I ordered a chicken club and a beer, hold the mayo. My order came with yet another thick black hair resting insolently against my bed of fries. YUCK/

I got the server to take it back, and had some of my friend's fries, where were good but salty. The order came back sans hair, and had MAYO. I am allergic.

I picked it up after asking the server if it did indeed have mayo, and did this look like mayo to you? She shrugged and asked if I thought it looked like mayo. Hmm...well, YES.

Order #2 goes back.

Finally my order attempt #3 happens, w/o hair and w/o mayo. It is ok, fries are good, club sandwich is ok too. I finished the beer, ate the sandwich and some fries. Of course, by that time the friends I had dinner with were finished with their meals, by a long shot and were sitting around waiting for me. ARGH

And when the bill came, was my meal or drink comped or a percentage taken off? Why, of course not this is cheap ass Whitehorse we're talking about. No knowledge of social niceties at all!

So, I did what was natural. I tipped a healthy $0.00 and wrote: no tip because my order went back twice and no offer to comp or a drink comped was made. Bite it!

So yeah, I have had terrible service and hair in my food twice in three days. I am officially boycotting Whitehorse shit restaurants.

(I did have Boston Pizza yesterday and it was great. I have also eaten out at too many restaurants lately for my own good!)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should leave your thick, black haired wig at home...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I wish I had a wig like that. At least I'd know where the bloody hair came from!

    ReplyDelete