Friday, May 28, 2010

Offer insulting?

I'm currently horse-shopping, as you may know. I put an offer in on a horse, who I thought may be a tad overpriced at $5000, they originally wanted $6500 and the horse didn't move for a year!

I offered $3500 and am waiting for an answer. This horse isn't a make-or-break, but I am pretty excited.

Now the general consensus seems to be that that kind of offer isn't insulting, but do some people think it is? I feel that owners are always free to say no, or counter-offer with a price of their choosing. It is a two-way thing, a back and forth conversation. I don't want to rip anyone off but at the same time, I can easily walk away from this one without a second glance. If I was the owner, I'd really consider my offer! (easy for me to say) haha.

Also this was one of the better horses I tried. Let's just say photos, owners and videos can be extremely misleading... I got the 'beginner-safe' horses with mouths of iron, can't stop, can't go in a straight line, and they want $5000?? Yikes.

No thank you!

If this one doesn't work out, c'est la vie. There are more fish in the sea, and horses for sale on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment