Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Changing seasons

Well, after my rather gloom & doom post of Tuesday, things are changing, much like the seasons, or the tides.

- sidenote, I have a photo of a tide path area and there is a paving stone with 'Beware the Tides' engraved on it. It was wet. It seemed very ominous.-

I'm headed off to work again, and it couldn't happen sooner. Just when I thought all was lost, it wasn't! I'm so happy and glad to be involved in a career path of my choice, and a work location that is definitely going to be rewarding, challenging, maybe even crazy-making. But it's going in great directions, and I'm so pleased!

And, to that effect, here are some things I have been enjoying lately- in no particular order-

The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker
Community - DVD series
Marshmallow icing - Mom's recipe
Horns by Joe Hill
Heart-shaped Box by Joe Hill
Blood by The Middle East
Bassano hard sodas (yes sweet, but quite tasty. Enjoy in moderation, for your teefs sake!)
The Acorns
The Antlers

Enjoy!

And, I wish I had written this myself, from The Hellbound Heart... "The seasons long for each other, like men and women, in order that they may be cured of their excesses...Everything tires with time, and starts to seek some opposition, to save it from itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment