Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Can't seem to buy a break?

Things have been going well lately, so I come here only to vent it seems!

I went to the music festival at Squamish and had a fabulous time. We camped (which is an iffy proposition at any time really) and the weather, logistics and music were fabulous! I loved the bands, had a great time with friends and really couldn't ask for more...

Which leads me to my rant, which, as per usual, is job related. Just finished up a brief stint that I had hoped would lead to a foot in the door and as it turns out, I didn't even end up with a foot in the hallway TO the door. Le sigh.

I just.can't.seem.to.buy.a.freaking.break! Honest to god, WHAT IS IT??

Coworkers and bosses alike just raved about me, which was honestly very surprising as it was very short period of time. I had excellent reviews and recommendations, have my MA and three years of experience in the field...And I don't get a lower-level position I applied and interviewed for. Yeah...

What does it take? I'm getting extremely discouraged. Extremely. I can get all the excellent reviews they're handing out and STILL blow it. I'm just not sure about anything to do with this anymore. Oh, and I knew it. I just knew it. Whenever you don't get a call right away= bad news. I feel silly for expecting something different, you know?

With my experience, excellent references and decent higher level education, I still can't land the big one, or even the small one. What gives?

Well, I am using this to keep searching, though I am seriously tired of it. I am going to be asking how to improve my interviews (that was number #3 unsuccessful, so clearly something is up!) and looking for feedback.

Yeah, ouch.



No comments:

Post a Comment