Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wow, it has been awhile

Let's see, what's been going on recently...

My computer died, in the middle of writing an essay. I had to buy a new computer, which sucked ass (note to everyone: do not buy HP computers), the speakers didn't work, so my Skype group meetings for school didn't happen, I kept going back to Staples (note to everyone: do not buy computers from Staples) and they kept saying there was something wrong with Skype, rather than my computer...

WRONG!

Man, they were wrong. So wrong.

So I marched that computer back to their store and returned it on their asses. Yeah, take that!

Also this update is turning into a 'lousy Whitehorse businesses rant' which is ok...

I marched right over to The Source by Circuit City (Radioshack) and asked about a few computers, yep no problem I have them right here...and the dude comes back with no computer. ''Oh sorry we don't have any in stock." Okkkayyy...What about these computers? "Yep definitely one minute." Comes back, "oh, we don't have any of those either..." WTF?

So I end up with a floor model (yeah I know) and ask what kind of deal I could get on it. "We don't do that." >!!!

Ok, well I'm walking. Sorry, you could have made at least $500 on this sale, but now your sale is walking out the door and to Wal-Mart (yeah I was that desperate) and buying a computer from them. Suck it, Radioshack!

And I did just that. Walked right over to Wal-Mart and couldn't find their laptops. Turns out some wit had covered them up completely (display and all) with copies of shitty Microsoft 2010. The fabulously-mulleted store clerk was having a total meltdown when he saw it, cue "frigging..grumble...assholes..one day I'm going to...grrrrr...arghhhh..."

He pulled a Toshiba out of the boxes and voila! My new computer! Also it was $100 cheaper than freaking Staples, and I even saw the same shit-HP computer that I had previously bought that was also $100 cheaper than Staples. Man....

(Not that I remotely condone buying anything at Wal-Mart, but desperate times call for desperate measures...)

And it works perfectly, Skype and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment