Monday, November 9, 2009

i hold your heart (i hold it in my heart)

A little ee cummings, anyone?

I was rather shocked to find that he was a man. He has the most romantic and ridiculous love poetry around, and his use of symbols is unparalelled.

"Loving you is just enough, 'cuz nobody cares a fuck about us," Aaron & Maria- American Analog Set

I just watched the teeny-bopper movie 'Twilight' and horror of horrors, I liked it. Maybe it was because my 'other' is away for an extended period of time, but darn that douchebag actor was looking in fine form. It made me ponder desire, the sensuality of the lead-up versus going straight for the action. Do we really want to see it? Twilight is all about the lead up, all show and no play. The smouldering tension is really what drives the film, and the overall plot. There is definitely some sexual aggression, but it's couched in terms of vampire-human relationships, rather than boy-girl. Does that make it easier? I think we still see it on our terms, rather than hunter-prey terms...Understated violence, losing control and surrendering to our base instincts, our senses has always been the pinnacle of ultimate desire.

Not sure if I'll watch the next Twilight installment, but I enjoyed this romp. Not a obsessed fan, but perhaps a bit more understanding of the swooning tweens.


No comments:

Post a Comment