Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yukon Hydro

Power is out again. That makes this at least the 6th time so far since I have moved here (in July) that the power has fizzled on us.

Sometimes it is a pretty big plus- ie, at work near the end of the day...sometimes it's a big minus-at work at the end of the day and your boss won't let you leave early, even though the security alarms are beeping madly at each other and sitting in the dark staring at your computer screen is ruining your eyes...

Oh and I fervently hope power is on at home. I pay an absolute fortune for the priviledge of electricity ($130 in the dead of winter using electricity sparingly, and just two people), and I just hope my fridge is running to greet me at the door.
Yukon Hydro is mindblowingly expensive, well, we do have to plug cars in so they don't freeze to death, and somebody has to keep that salary in the range of $200,000+ going for the dear CEO of Yukon Hydro. Think of the people!


Pointless. And the alarms are still going nuts on each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment