Sunday, June 12, 2011

Don't Look Now

Ah yes, has anything changed much these past few days? Well, my partner has attracted the attention of some vicious crows, which instantly made me laugh like crazy and reminisce about Daphne du Maurier's The Birds.

Camping this past weekend was a great success and a ton of fun. It makes me feel happy that I can join up with friends of years, (with years in between visits), and have it be so natural, so freeing. It's great, this casual companionship, and something I truly value. I also learned how great cooking camping breakfast can be when you do it in a paper bag, grease and egg dripping into the fire and flaming it further. (The trick is layering the bacon in the bottom of the bag, then piling shredded potatoes, egg if you are so inclined, and cheese. Place it on the grill over the fire for 30 minutes or so, and voila! Greasy diner breakfast in the woods)

I also ran 10k, without taking a break! Woo hoo! My pony was quite bad today, could be saddle-fit related, though I really really hope not.

And I will leave with this: Some du Maurier books I highly, highly recommend: short story collection Kiss Me Again, Stranger, the book Rebecca, Jamaica Hill, collection of short stories Don't Look Now and check out some of her others. Fabulous gothic eerie stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment