Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Restaurants to Avoid, the Edgewater Pub


So far, there are a few restaurants on my 'avoid' list. I just added one recently and this blog is to inform you to avoid it...or risk being disappointed, your choice.


I went to the 'Edgewater' Pub recently, and having been to their very expensive offshoot restaurant in the basement, the 'Cellar' I was expecting something good. Turns out the only thing they really share is maybe a kitchen and insanely exorbitant prices.

Entrees for dinner cost $23++ and that was the cheapest entree. I'm sorry, I am NOT paying upward s of $25 for salmon. Forget it. It's not even encrusted in gold! Not to mention this is a pub, and their pathetically wimpy 'pints' were more like sleeves and friggin overpriced at that-- $6. Sad, really.

The service was terrible, the food served in miniscule portions (seriously, for $11.50 the salad had better be on a PLATE not a teensy cup. Fuck that) do us all a favour, and don't patronise that ridiculous place. I had a seafood salad (tiny) and soup (tiny) didn't taste bad, but for the sky-high prices I was expecting something half-ways filling. Forget that.

Edgewater pub is joining Tony's pizza and Bocelli's pizza in the 'hall of infamy' for incredible suckitude. I will bash and badmouth them as much as I feel, and I will never again go. Pfffft. The entire dinner was a terrible disappointment and I felt like holding my wallet open so they could rob me blind anyways.

2 comments:

  1. Ridiculous prices, crappy menu, slow service, plain pub - I thought it was terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for the Edgewater either. I used to work downtown and eventually stopped going there for lunch because the service was shitty and slow. Shitty in the sense that your service seemed to depend on the waitress' mood of the day. Plus, the food is very basic and plain.

    ReplyDelete