Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Eerie Coincidences

I'm revisiting a series of strange coincidences today. Not sure if you recall the 'missing sock' episode of earlier this spring, well I am now experiencing coincidences that are much stranger and creepy--they involve...death!

I recently started a new job, and within a week at that new job the news was passed around that an esteemed colleage had a celebrated a birthday then consequently passed away, doing poorly at a pallative care centre. That news washed over me like much of the overinformation I was exposed to, until I read the email that he died merely a week after his birthday.

That was sad, and that day I was digging around through supplies until I found a clipboard and snatched it up, pretty sweet score. I glanced at my find and noticed it had a name written on it, 'property of' and it was the man who had died that day.

Not willing to risk fate, I put the clipboard back. I'm not that eager to encourage the wrath of angry gods, or anything like that. Creepy.

I'm also on a bit of a Pat Conroy kick, having read The Prince Of Tides and thoroughly enjoyed it. I moved on to Beach Music and read the acknowledgement and thank-you page before the prologue, and came up on a mention of a brother who died by his own hand in 1995. He comitted suicide August 31st, and I started that book yesterday, which was also August 31st.

Another bizarre and eerie coincidence! Now I am set to puzzle over these occurences, and consider what they are trying to tell me. I had a teacher who once postulated that to dream of a death, or a loved one dying, meant that in real life it was a positive, that you would hear from someone you hadn't contacted in ages and that you missed.

I hope it's something similar, and not sinister...

1 comment:

  1. sounds like the end is nigh. It was nice we could be friends.

    ReplyDelete