Tuesday, January 27, 2009

North-related? Taxes Rant!

Just recieved a bill from our dear city of Whitehorse for sewer, water and garbage removal. The sum is a (paltry?) $285, to be paid by March at the latest.

Normally, not a big deal. Interesting though, I thought this was included in my property taxes, but apparently not. What made this a bigger deal was my taxes owed to a municipality in Victoria for the remainder of property taxes there from 2008...due in July 2008. I would have recieved this earlier had my dear old roommate actually sent my mail that was mis-directed in July, like I asked, instead of January 2009, which is what actually happened.

So, the paltry sum added onto a late-penalty of 10% added on- tax bill of the $600's makes me one unhappy critter.
A cool $900 later and there goes my paycheque.

Note to others- check these things out as soon as they happen. I am definitely going to pay my utilities fees sooner than March!

No comments:

Post a Comment