Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Strange dreams

I haven't been dreaming lately, so last night's dream took me by surprise. It was a very vivid dream, and super intense. Kind of felt like a Malarone dream (post-apocalyptic, everything is ruined).

I dreamt I was on a cruise ship with friends, enjoying a relaxing time. The cruise ship started sinking and general chaos ensued, things flying around, everything tipping on its side and we started sliding into our watery doom. Then the ship righted itself, and we were in the cafe enjoying a cappuccino, discussing the almost-sinking, and then the ship started sinking again. We flew sideways down to the water, tables and coffees crashing into us. There was no saving us and we sank, ship and all.

I woke up with my face absolutely mashed into my pillow, groggy as hell.

Now I'm wondering what the dream means. My amateur interpretation would say it reveals a general uneasiness with how life is going, echoing my displeasure at my house not being sold yet (after it was sold, and the financing fell through and it was yanked back on the market) and this feeling of general malaise and despair.

It's odd, and makes me feel uneasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment